Precautions You Should Take While Shopping for Essentials
While the country is going through a lockdown, here are some tips that you should follow while shopping for essentials.
Majority of the countries across the world are surviving a lockdown due to the coronavirus outbreak. Most of the governments have imposed the rule of social distancing and citizens are advised to stay home. Crowding and gathering are strictly prohibited. You need to follow several rules that the World Health Organisation suggests and the best hospital in West Delhi breaks them to make it more convenient.
Well, the best thing you can do is to stay at home and not get out. That is the primary way to stay safe. However, you need the essentials to survive and for that, you need to get outside once in a while. You need to visit the grocery stores, departmental shops, pharmacists, etc. Try not to make more than two trips a month to these stores. Here are some tips that you should keep in mind before going out of the shopping for essentials.
Tips to Take Care of Your Safety:–
- Throw out expired food and medicines that have been sitting on the shelves for a long time. This is not the time to get food poisoning or fall sick.
- You can also order groceries or essentials online through delivery apps. They will take full care of hygiene and safety. It will also help you avoid physical contact and going out.
- Stock up on the essentials for at least two-three weeks. It will prevent food from getting wasted.
Plan in Advance:-
- One of the major ways you can get an adequate supply of things is by planning. Make a list and get them in a single visit to avoid any repetitive visits. Also, know when you are going to visit the stores. Try to go in hours when there will be fewer people to avoid crowds as much as possible. You can go during the afternoon or early hours of weekdays.
- It’s also important to plan when you’re going to visit. Try to schedule your trips during non-peak hours to avoid as many people as possible. This can be during the afternoon on weekends or early evenings on weekdays.
- In case the store is crowded while you’re visiting it, try to stay at least 6 feet away from other people. You can also choose a store which offers a drive-through facility.
Do Not Ignore Personal Hygiene:–
- Always remember prevention is better than cure. Carry sanitizer, wear masks and gloves. Also, carry disinfectant spray and disinfect any surfaces you come in contact with.
- As a precautionary measure, you may also choose to carry your disinfectants and clean the surfaces of the stores you visit. It’s also better to carry a sanitiser as it may not be possible for you to wash your hands on to go all the time.
Follow these Rules:–
- Wash your hands immediately after coming home from outside.
- Also, clean every item after unpacking them.
- Always use a tissue or cover your mouth with elbows while coughing, sneezing, etc.
For more information, visit the website of Maggo Hospital which is the best hospital in Uttam Nagar. Also, we urge you to please stay safe at home. We are all in this together.