In every area there are hospitals. There are both governments as well as private hospitals. A good hospital is the one which has different departments of intervention all under one roof. Like if one is looking for the best urologist in west delhi one can certainly find one in the hospitals in the vicinity. Here is something we need to know about Urology and Urologist.
* Urology is derived from the Greek word OURON which means “urine” and logia which means “study of”.It is that branch of medical sciences which focuses on medical and surgical diseases of the female and male urinary-tract system as well as the male reproductive organs. Organs covered under urology include kidneys, ureters, urethra, urinary bladder, adrenal glands and male reproductive organs like testes, vas deferens, epididymis, seminal vesicles, prostate, and penis.
* Urology looks into the management of both the medical and surgical conditions like urinary tract infection, benign prostatic hyperplasia, cancer of bladder or prostate, kidney stones, abnormalities which are congenital, injury or trauma, incontinence, etc.
* These days Urology has fast progressed and most of the techniques for surgery include minimally invasive surgeries like robotic or laparoscopic surgeries, laser-assisted surgeries other guided procedures. .Because of the usage of these techniques, urological surgical interventions are minimally invasive and much safer these days. Also, the success rate of surgical interventions are very high.
* Among the Nobel laureates in Medicine, two prominent names who were Urologists were Dr. Werner Fossmann and Dr. Charles B Huggins. They won the Nobel Prize in the year 1956 and 1966 respectively.
* When one has to choose a good hospital in the local area for Urological interventions like Urology department from a private hospital in west delhi then the
Following aspects have to be keep in mind:
1) There are good Urologists associating with the hospital with expertise in both medical treatment as well as surgical interventions
2) There are provisions of the latest Urological procedures inclusive of laparoscopic surgeries, laser-assisted surgeries, etc.
3) There are a good number of successful cases regarding Urological surgical interventions.
4) Good facilities for hospitalization for cases which may require hospitalization and stay
5) Latest diagnostic facilities with a modern laboratory for correct diagnosis and intervention.
6) Good aftercare facilities in case of surgical intervention
These are certain guidelines which need to be following in case of choosing the right hospital for Urological interventions.
One thing which needs to be remembered is that many Urological conditions can be avoided from having adequate health awareness. Like Urinary Tract Infections are very common and can be avoided from becoming complicated if there are certain precautions which are followed. Similarly, men above the age of fifty require regular check-up and screening for prostate-related problems. All these guidelines are available with consultant Urologists and one needs to consult with the Urologist to find out the required medical guidelines.