Gynecology is a branch of medical science that includes the treatment of the female reproductive system. It also consists of prenatal care, birth, and post-partum care. From puberty to menopause, a woman’s reproductive organ undergoes rapid changes through sexual activity, pregnancy, and aging. However, sometimes it gets afflicted with disorders and problems. The private hospital in Uttam Nagar provides individualized treatment and care in curing these diseases and bring faster relief to the ailing patients.
Here are 4 different gynecology disorders attended to by the gynecologist in Uttam Nagar –
1. Infertility – This occurs when you are not able to get pregnant even after trying hard for a long time. Those who are capable of conceiving but are not getting pregnant within 12 months are usually diagnosed with the problem of infertility.
However, one-third of the men suffer from infertility too. It is mainly related to the sperm count, shape of the sperm, movement of the sperm and others.
The causes of suffering from infertility are many-
• Irregular menstruation– If you have period cycles at intervals of 35 days or more, it indicates that you may not be ovulating an egg at all. This can be a hindrance in your attempt to get pregnant.
• Pelvic infections– Sexually Transmitted diseases or infections like gonorrhea and chlamydia can result in permanent scarring of the fallopian tube. This can block the sperm from fertilizing the ovulated egg, thus preventing you from getting pregnant.
Immediate medical evaluation is required in such cases.
• Male factor semen abnormality– This comes from a history of infertility that your partner may have suffered from previously. Therefore an early fertility evaluation can lead to detailed semen analysis.
• Advancing age, frequent smoking of cigarettes, heavy alcohol drinking, obesity are also some of the primary reasons that can cause infertility.
2. Amenorrhea – This is causee when you miss your menstrual periods for over a long time. Also, those who have not begun their periods even after 15 years of age may be suffering from this condition. The major causes leading to this condition are problems with the reproductive glands that regulate hormone balance. Other reasons include pregnancy, breastfeeding, menopause, use of contraceptives, medications, changes in lifestyle pattern etc.
Some symptoms of this disease are as follows–
• Excess hair loss
• Overgrowing facial hair
• Pelvic pain
• Frequent headaches
• Milk discharge from nipples
• Pimples and acne
One can always seek immediate treatment from the hospital in Uttam Nagar for comprehensive healthcare solutions.
3. Hypospadias – This is considered a birth defect where the opening of the urethra is not at the tip of the penis, rather is on the underside. The urine in our body drains and exits through the urethra. Reconstructive surgery restores the shape after which men can have normal reproduction and urination.
Some of the symptoms of this disorder are–
• Penis curving downwards
• Abnormal spraying during urinating
• Opening at a different location
• Hooded appearance since the top of the penis s covered with foreskin
The risk factors are advancing age, genetic inheritance, family history and exposure to harmful substances.
You can visit “Maggo Hospital” in Uttam Nagar and avail the best gynecological services from an expert team of healthcare physicians and professionals for faster treatment and cure.